Tuesday, June 23, 2009

From a Mother's Heart

It seems like only yesterday that I held my new born son in my arms--where have the years gone by? It was only a few years ago that he started nursery school and now he is now ending one chapter in his life and beginning a new one.

Last night was his commencement and it was a beautiful event. The principal's message was very eloquent - part of it included this beautiful passage

"you are all children of god and god has planted and instilled in each one of you a special gift. Some of you might have already discovered your gift--perhaps its writing, perhaps its your graciousness and kindness to others, or your gift might be discovered later in life, but whatever the gift is, you will make a difference in the world and in someone's life".

My precious son lit up and looked at his father and I when the principal said "writing" as that is his passion and his dream to become a famous writer.

As the evening was coming to an end (for the parents)--the real party was only beginning once we left the banquet hall, we had a parent/child dance.

As I shared this dance with my beautiful boy. I was remembering back when he was little and dancing with me--his tiny little feet resting on my feet as we used to dance. Yesterday, we were eye to eye, and as I gently kissed him on the forehead and told him how proud I was him, the lyrics to Celine Dion's song "Because You Loved Me" was playing in the background. He started to hum the melody to the song and said Mom, the words are so true.....

"For all those times you stood by me,
For all the truth that you made me see
You gave me wings and made me fly
You said no star was out of reach
You stood by me and I stood tall
You saw the best there was in me
I'm everything I am
Because you loved me"

I love you Cameron!
Digg Technorati Delicious StumbleUpon Reddit BlinkList Furl Mixx Facebook Google Bookmark Yahoo

No comments:

Post a Comment